Jeavana is a PhD Medical Science student at the University of Toronto. She became interested in cancer epidemiology and occupational/environmental risk factors while working at an environmental health clinic and while taking on various health research projects. She completed a Master’s degree that explored the relationship between environmental factors and colorectal cancer in Ontario communities. At the OCRC, Jeavana is examining occupational risk factors for prostate cancer across multiple Canadian population based datasets.
- BHSc (Health Sciences, Minor in Life Science), University of Ottawa (2010)
- MHSc (Health Sciences, Environment & Cancer), University of Ontario Institute of Technology (2012)
- PhD (Medical Science, Occupation & Cancer Epidemiology), University of Toronto (2013-2018)
- Prostate cancer surveillance by occupation and industry: the Canadian Census Health and Environment Cohort (CanCHEC)
- Prostate cancer in firefighting and police work: a systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiologic studies
- Occupation and risk of prostate cancer in Canadian men: A case-control study across eight Canadian provinces
- Natural resource-based industries and prostate cancer risk in Northeastern Ontario: a case-control study