Cathy joined OCRC as a Research Student in 2014 while completing her Master’s of Public Health degree at the University of Toronto in the Occupational and Environmental Health stream. Her research interests include cancer prevention, risk communication and environmental and industrial pollutants. At OCRC she has worked on a variety of projects analyzing data from environmental emissions programs and evaluating exposure reduction policies. She is currently completing her Ph.D. at McMaster University.
- H.B.Sc. (Environmental Science & Physical Geography), University of Toronto (2014)
- M.P.H. (Occupational and Environmental Health), University of Toronto (2016)
- Ph.D. (Health Geography), McMaster University (in progress)
- Applications of the Ontario Toxics Reduction Act for exposure surveillance
- Regional and sector-specific PATTERNS OF occupational and environmental exposures (TRA)
- Using the Ontario Toxics Reduction Act for targeted cancer-specific prevention strategies (TRA)
- Leveraging environmental reporting databases to assess occupational and environmental exposures