Acceptance of Terms and Conditions and Changes
- By accessing this website, and any of its pages, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out below. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, immediately exit from this website and do not access any other pages.
- Changes may be made at any time to this website, these Terms and Conditions, and the information contained herein, without prior notice to you. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions each time you enter this Web Site. Your continued use of this website shall constitute your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto.
- References to Occupational Cancer Research Centre (“OCRC”) in these Terms and Conditions shall include its directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives.
- OCRC is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals using our website. OCRC only obtains personal information such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address if you choose to supply it through our website or by contacting us via e-mail. The content of your message and your email address will not be disclosed to anyone except OCRC staff, associates or partners who need the information in order to respond to your request. We do not use this information to create personal profiles. We do not gather any personal information during your visit to our site nor do we distribute, provide or sell personal information voluntarily supplied by our website visitors to any third party.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, OCRC will not sell or transfer your personal information to any other party without your approval, except that OCRC reserves the right to disclose such personal information if such disclosure is made pursuant to a legal proceeding or otherwise required by law provided that OCRC shall provide you with notice of any such disclosure.
- OCRC will not monitor, edit or deliberately disclose the contents of your private communications or files unless required to do so by law. Information collected by OCRC is stored in a secure manner. However, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond the control of OCRC and that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and OCRC through this website cannot be guaranteed.
- At your request, OCRC will provide reasonable access to your personal information submitted via this website and held by OCRC and will allow you to update and/or correct your personal information to the extent that such updating and/or correction will not compromise OCRC’s privacy or security interests, subject to the understanding that, due to backups, it may be impossible to completely delete your personal information.
Site Usage and Security
- To monitor site usage and improve the quality of our website, OCRC gathers information about the use of our site. We use Web server logs and industry-standard website statistics software to count the number of users who visit our website and to count the number of views of particular pages, as well as to track other general statistics about our Web site. OCRC makes no effort to link this information to individuals or to information voluntarily provided when you visit our website.
- OCRC employs safeguards to secure the information contained on and collected through this website, including your personal information. OCRC secures the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Personal information is transmitted only through the use of encrypted protection.
- Personal Information submitted through OCRC Website will be encrypted using 128 bit technology to help protect it and facilitate its arrival unread and unaltered at OCRC’s servers. However, users should be aware that Personal Information could be intercepted over the Internet. OCRC is not responsible for the interception, collection, use or alteration of information transmitted over the Internet, such as by e-mail.
- For site security purposes, OCRC uses software programs and analytic tools to monitor network traffic that identifies unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Use of Website
- This website and the materials contained herein may be used for lawful purposes only. Materials from this website may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, decompiled, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of OCRC except that you may download one copy of the materials on one computer for your personal, non-commercial home or archival use only and provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trade-mark, or other proprietary notices contained therein.
- All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics and other information (other than your personal information) communicated to OCRC through this website will forever be the property of OCRC unless otherwise noted.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit to this website, and you, not OCRC, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or other material that would violate any law.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, all Canadian and United States national, provincial, state and local laws and regulations) governing the use of this website.
- Evidence of the possible use of this Web site for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- WHILE CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN IN THE PREPARATION OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, SUCH INFORMATION IS OBTAINED FROM A NUMBER OF SOURCES AND IS PROVIDED WITHOUT CHARGE. ANY SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO: QUALITY; ACCURACY; COMPLETENESS; LEGALITY; CURRENCY; RELIABILITY; EFFICACY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED; ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED; AND, THE ABSENCE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR CORRUPTED DATA OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR THOSE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED.
- OCRC AND ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHYSICIANS AND PHARMACISTS WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, AND IN PARTICULAR THE DRUG FORMULARY PORTION OF THIS WEBSITE) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, CONTINGENT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL, RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITES THAT ARE LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE USE THEREOF, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS INTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN ANY SUCH REGARD. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE OR DETAILED STATEMENT CONCERNING THE MATTERS ADDRESSED. OCRC DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE THE USE OF ANY DRUG OR TREATMENT METHOD DESCRIBED IN THIS WEBSITE. ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITES TO WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED, SHOULD BE USED ONLY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF AN APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN.
- ANYONE USING THIS INFORMATION DOES SO AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK, AND BY USING SUCH INFORMATION AGREES TO INDEMNIFY OCRC AND ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, INJURY, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES) ARISING FROM SUCH PERSON’S USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, AND ANY INFORMATION ON WEBSITES LINKED FROM THIS WEBSITE.
- OCRC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE FAILURE. OCRC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF OCRC OR AN AUTHORIZED OCRC REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Copyright and Trademarks
- The material contained on this website is protected by Canadian and other national and international copyright, trademark and other laws.
- OCRC retains all copyright, trademark and all other rights in all material contained on this site, including all text and graphic images. No portion of this material may be used or reproduced, other than for personal use, or distributed, transmitted or “mirrored” in any form, or by any means, without the prior written permission of OCRC.
- Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this website, and those websites to which it is linked, may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks (“Trademarks”) of OCRC or of third parties that are used under license. The display of Trademarks on this website, and those to which it is linked, does not imply the grant of any license to any other party.
- Other than as expressly permitted herein or by written agreement of OCRC, your use of any of the Trademarks that appear on this website is prohibited. You are advised that OCRC will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, which may result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Linked Web Sites
- This website includes links to other websites which are not maintained by OCRC. Should you leave this website via a link contained herein and view content that is not provided by OCRC, you do so at your own risk. Links to other websites are for convenience only and should not be construed as an endorsement or approval of such websites by OCRC. OCRC shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- OCRC may terminate a link at any time.
Linking and Logo Policy
- By linking to any page on this website, you hereby agree to be bound by OCRC’s linking and logo policy as set out in these Terms and Conditions:
- Except as provided below:
- OCRC prohibits caching, use or posting of unauthorized hypertext links to this website and the framing of any content available through this website.
- You are prohibited from linking to any page on this website other than the OCRC home page or a page designated and approved by OCRC as communicated to you by OCRC in writing.
- You are prohibited from embedding any content from this website into your website and any link to this website must open a new browser window.
- Links to this website may be by text only and may only read “Occupational Cancer Research Centre or “OCRC”. Images of the OCRC logo for linking purposes may only be made with the express permission of OCRC. Any requests for such permission or for permission to link to this website in a manner other than as permitted in these Terms and Conditions should be addressed to:
Occupational Cancer Research Centre
620 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L7
Tel: (416) 971-9800
Online: Contact form
- By linking to this website, you acknowledge and agree that, other than as set forth herein, all rights to the Trade-marks used on this website, the materials appearing on this website and the design of this website belong to OCRC or its licensors.
- You must not misrepresent your relationship with OCRC or present false or misleading impressions about OCRC. No links to this website or a page of this website may be used in a manner that implies or suggests that OCRC approves or endorses you, your website or your goods and services (except as OCRC may have agreed separately with you in writing). You agree not to alter any materials found on this website.
- OCRC shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold OCRC harmless against all claims arising out of or based upon your website.
- No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or otherwise unlawful, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
- OCRC reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to this or any other OCRC website or a page of this or any other OCRC website from your website.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, OCRC agrees to grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the “OCRC” or “Cancer Care Ontario” name solely for the purpose of establishing any permitted link hereunder. Except for the limited license to use the “OCRC” or “Cancer Care Ontario” name as set forth in this paragraph, you may not use any of OCRC’s trade-marks for any reason without the prior written permission of OCRC. OCRC may, at any time and in its sole discretion, without cause, terminate the license granted herein to use the “OCRC” or “Cancer Care Ontario” name and your right to link to any page on this and/or any other OCRC website. Upon OCRC’s request, you shall immediately remove all links to the relevant page on this and/or any other OCRC website and cease using the “OCRC” or “Occupational Cancer Research Centre” name for linking purposes. Thereafter, any future links to a page on this or any other OCRC website will require the prior written permission of OCRC.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in aOCRCrdance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and you irrevocably attorn to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
- Except as described otherwise, all materials in this site are made available only to provide information about OCRC and its services. OCRC controls and operates this website from its offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. OCRC makes no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Anyone accessing this website from other jurisdictions assumes sole responsibility for compliance with local laws.
- The format and content of the drug monographs, chemotherapy regimens, and supportive care and symptom control regimens contained in the Drug Formulary portion of this website (the “Formulary”) will change as they are reviewed and revised on a periodic basis. The date of last revision will be visible on each page of the monograph and regimen. Since standards of usage are constantly evolving, it is advised that the Formulary not be used as the sole source of information. It is strongly recommended that original references or product monograph be consulted prior to using a chemotherapy regimen for the first time.
- While we welcome comments regarding the Formulary, we cannot answer specific questions about an individual’s cancer treatment. This service is not intended to replace advice given by a physician or other qualified health care professionals. Comments should be forwarded via the online contact form.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between OCRC and you pertaining to your use of this website.
- OCRC may terminate your use of this website immediately with or without notice if, in its sole judgment, you breach any of these Terms and Conditions. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from this website and all related documentation and all copies thereof. You may not access this website after such termination without the written approval of OCRC.
- OCRC’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision.
- These Terms and Conditions shall bind and enure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives and permitted assigns.
- You shall not assign your rights or obligations hereunder without OCRC’s prior written consent.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- If you have any issues and/or questions with respect to these Terms and Conditions or any rule, policy, guideline or practice which OCRC uses to operate this website, please contact us via the online contact form and we will be happy to respond.