A project advisory committee (PAC) is formed to bring together a group of individuals, with unique knowledge and skills, to provide advice and guidance for the research study. This will include reviewing study documents and protocols, recruitment and knowledge translation strategies, and materials developed to disseminate the results to stakeholders.
The PAC consists of eleven members representing different stakeholder groups. This includes representatives from the working group (worker, service, union) and representatives from healthy and safety community with specialties in occupational medicine, respiratory protection, occupational hygiene, and healthcare. The members include:
- Isaac Arnold (worker representative), Ornge
- Jamie Burnett (service representative), Toronto Paramedic Services
- Niko Georgiadis (union representative), CUPE Ambulance Committee of Ontario
- Sally Guo, Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Maryam Khan, Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA)
- Anne-Marie Landis-Groom, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- John Oudyk, Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW)
- Nikhil Rajaram, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD)
- Jackie Sam, Public Services Health & Safety Association (PSHSA)
- Jennifer Stanley, Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD)
- Ivan Yao, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
Three virtual committee meetings will be held during the study.
MEETING 1 (March 2nd, 2022): The study questionnaire, alternative recruitment strategies, simulated fit testing tasks and study methodology were reviewed and discussed.
MEETING 2 (TBD, proposed to take place approximately Oct-Nov 2022): Purpose is to review preliminary findings, discuss challenges that occurred during first year of testing, and discuss potential knowledge translation products.
MEETING 3 (TBD, proposed to take place approximately Oct-Nov 2023): Purpose is to review study conclusions and recommendations. Review knowledge translation products and dissemination plan.