Kate joined the OCRC after completing her Master’s in chemistry at the University of Toronto. Her experience working in chemistry laboratories and in the pharmaceutical industry led to her interest in workplace exposures and health. Her background gives her a strong understanding of chemical exposures, their properties, and interactions. At the OCRC, Kate is working on analyzing historical exposure to nickel in Ontario industries using a database of exposure measurements collected by the Ministry of Labour.
- B.Sc. (Chemistry), University of British Columbia (2008)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Toronto (2010)
- Creation of an Ontario mining exposure database
- Analysis of the Ontario Ministry of Labour's MESU exposure database
- The Toronto lung cancer case-control study and SYNERGY project
- OCRC web development